Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Story That Transcends Football

By Jeff Fisher
The High School Football Huddle


Last week I talked about how disgusted I was when I read that the NY Times ran another story about former Hoover (AL) High head coach Rush Propst, who continues to receive publicity even though his track record seems to only fit into his "me-me" philosophy. So with that in mind, The High School Football Huddle is trying to find our readers the "good" stories.

Today, I found a great story about Avonworth (PA) running back Khiry Watts, who has helped his team to the WPIAL semfinals Friday night against Monaca. The story appears in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, and focuses on Watts, who was adopted by Eric and Diane Templin as a freshman. Click here to read the story, and if you know of a great story that Huddle readers should know about, please feel free to email them to me at jeff@blitzgroupllc.com.

Enjoy,

Jeff Fisher

No comments:

Footlocker.com